CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake Police say an 8-month-old infant girl died Tuesday after she was left in a car alone.
Police responded to a report of a child left in a vehicle around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of Adventure Way.
Officers arrived to find that the 8-month-old girl was left in the vehicle alone for “several hours.” Medics also responded and gave first aid to the infant.
She was taken to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident is under investigation.
Police did not provide any additional details.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
CORRECTION: Chesapeake Police originally gave the wrong sex of the baby. It is a girl.
- One person killed after small plane crashes in Kinston near drag strip
- George Floyd statue weighing 700 pounds unveiled in New Jersey
- Destination Vacation: Yorktown
- Hampton University mobile unit hosting drive-thru vaccine clinic Friday at church in Newport News
- Coast Guard helps 4 people on sinking boat 32 miles off Wachapreague