CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake Police say an 8-month-old infant girl died Tuesday after she was left in a car alone.
Police responded to a report of a child left in a vehicle around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of Adventure Way.
Officers arrived to find that the 8-month-old girl was left in the vehicle alone for “several hours.” Medics also responded and gave first aid to the infant.
She was taken to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident is under investigation.
Police did not provide any additional details.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
CORRECTION: Chesapeake Police originally gave the wrong sex of the baby. It is a girl.
- Regal theater in VB Town Center closing permanently
- Newport News organizations offering free rides to early voting
- Virginia Beach Quaker school sells land parcel, switches plans to pre-K through 8th-grade format
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Coronavirus digital discussion: Pandemic fatigue