CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Five adults are displaced after a fire at their home Wednesday morning in Chesapeake.
Firefighters say it happened in the 1300 block of Wilrose Trace. Dispatchers got the call at 7:53 a.m.
When firefighters arrived minutes later, they found smoke coming from the second floor, and the residents had evacuated beforehand.
The fire was marked under control at 8:31 a.m. and out at 8:46 a.m.
No injuries were reported and the cause is under investigation.
Firefighters also responded to a fire at an abandoned home on the 1400 block of Atlantic Avenue. No injuries were reported and that fire is under investigation.
- Cartels use COVID-19 as excuse to raise drug prices, distribute food to poor in Mexico, report says
- Nonprofits, governments urged to apply for FEMA reimbursements for helping migrants
- McDonald Army Health Center at Fort Eustis offering Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to eligible beneficiaries
- Three Hampton Roads mass vaccination sites set to open next week; some sites have changed
- The Female Field: 4 Olympians launch women’s sports media company TOGETHXR