CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Fire officials say one person is displaced after their home on Speedy Avenue in Chesapeake was damaged Tuesday.
Fire crews were dispatched to the 2100 block of Speedy Avenue around 6:30 p.m.
Firefighters arrived and found a “working fire” in the single-story home. They brought it under control by 7:05 p.m.
One person is displaced and was taken to the hospital with minor injuries, fire officials said.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
- Despite ownership questions, Portsmouth councilman proposes moving forward with Confederate monument relocation
- Crewe, VA mayor withdraws request to take Richmond’s Confederate monuments
- ‘These officers were out protecting’: More than $33,000 raised for RPD cops injured in shootout
- Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation announces new COVID-19 operations update
- 8-year-old North Carolina girl dies after battling COVID-19