CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Two adults and one child were displaced following an early Saturday morning fire that destroyed parts of their home in the Bowers Hill section of Chesapeake.
Chesapeake fire crews were called to the fire in the 4500 block of Peach Road just before 6 a.m. and reportedly found smoke coming from the behind the two-story residential structure.
Firefighters located an exterior fire in the rear of the house with fire extension into the structure.
Officials say the home sustained minor fire damage, but the family of three will be displaced until the home’s electrical panel can be repaired.
No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Motorcyclist, SUV driver seriously injured in crash on S Military Highway in Chesapeake
- Blog: Clouds Hang Tough Today. More Rain This Week.
- Northam expected to make face coverings announcement during Tuesday’s press conference
- Teen-run organization in Virginia Beach raising money to hold prom at end of July
- Pasquotank County High School hosting virtual town hall to discuss graduation plans