CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake firefighters responded to an apartment fire Tuesday night that displaced 11 residents.
Crews were dispatched at 10:46 p.m. to the fire, which was in the 1300 block of Canal Drive in Chesapeake. When they arrived on scene, they found fire and smoke coming from a two-story apartment building.
Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained to one apartment, but two other units were damaged by fire and water. The fire was marked under control at 11:29 p.m.
There were no injuries, but the apartment management is assisting with lodging needs for the displaced families.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- High tide causes flooding in Ghent area of Norfolk as coastal flood warning goes in effect for southeast Virginia
- Trump to Senate: Vote ‘without delay’ on his high court pick
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say
- Long lines accompany start of early voting in Virginia