CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake Fire officials say two families, one with two adults and one with another two adults and a child, were displaced Tuesday afternoon after a grill fire that traveled to the house.
The Chesapeake Fire Department responded to a house fire on Decatur Street around 3 p.m. Tuesday afternoon in the 2200 block of Decatur Street.
Crews arrived to find fire from a grill that was against the back of the house. The fire spread to the roof.
A photo posted by the fire department account showed a brick house with the front door open and smoke coming out from multiple sides of the building.
The fire was put out by 4:11 p.m.
Both families are handling their own lodging arrangements.
There were no injuries reported.
Fire officials say the cause of the blaze is accidental.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Man dead following triple shooting on Timothy Ave. in Norfolk
- North Carolina man sentenced to 30 months behind bars for stealing and cashing checks from mailboxes in Richmond
- Virginia lawmakers reach agreement on marijuana legalization bill
- NC COVID-19 Feb. 27 update: 2,643 new COVID-19 cases reported, numbers continue to decline
- Virginia Feb. 27 COVID-19 update: 185 new deaths reported, positivity rate down to 7.4%, over 600K fully vaccinated