Crews respond to chimney fire in Chesapeake

Chesapeake
Chesapeake Fire and Rescue Generic

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters in Chesapeake responded to a chimney fire early Wednesday morning.

Fire officials say they responded to the 1400 block of Goodman Street just after 5 a.m When crews arrived, they did not see anything but later entered the structures and had it under control at 5:29 a.m.

The occupants of the home evacuated before crews arrived.

There were no injuries. The cause was determined to be accidental.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook