CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — One person sustained injuries in a two-vehicle crash Friday night.
The person was transported to a hospital but their injuries are not considered life-threatening, a police spokesman said.
The crash closed the westbound lanes of South Military Highway in Chesapeake before the Gilmerton Bridge. The crash was in the 2600 block, the tweet said.
Chesapeake Police said the call reporting the crash came in around 8:30 p.m.
The spokesman said the scene was clearing up around 9:15 p.m.
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Newport News, Hampton mayors bet oysters and crabs on which city has higher census turnout
- Virginia Lottery to open customer service centers on June 1; masks, social distancing will be required
- Hampton PD seeks suspect or suspects in connection to carjacking on Bacon St.
- Hampton releases information about beaches reopening Friday