CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — In an effort to help Hampton Roads foodbanks meet the growing demand of feeding the community during the pandemic, Cox Communications donated $25,000 to the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore.
“We’re proud to support the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore,” said Cox Vice President of Government and Public Affairs Nneka Chiazor. “As school and workplace closures make access to nutritious food even more challenging, these children and working families need our help now, more than ever.”
The foundation provides funding for special projects and campaigns in communities where Cox Enterprises operates. The funds go to support conservation and environment; early childhood education; empowering families and individuals for success; and health throughout the community.
For more information about the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore or how you can donate, visit foodbankonline.org.
- RELATED: Hampton Roads and North Carolina foodbanks still need your help!
- RELATED: Supply and Demand for our Local Foodbanks
- VDH launches new Pandemic Metrics Dashboard
- Missouri woman who lost 11 friends and relatives to COVID-19 gives back to community
- ‘Cake Boss’ star Buddy Valastro recovering after 2 surgeries following gruesome bowling injury
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Virginia GOP says confusion remains on absentee ballot rule