CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Police say they have located the body of a 19-year-old man from Chesapeake who was reported missing nearly two weeks ago.
Cody Gile was last seen on the evening of August 29 on King Street in Portsmouth. The Chesapeake resident was considered endangered and was known to frequent the Churchland area of Portsmouth. A family member said that he often sleeps outside, and may also take shelter in an unused boat.
On September 9, police said they found Gile’s body in Portsmouth in a marsh area near the 4100 block of King Street.
The circumstances of his death are still unknown, according to Portsmouth Police.
No further information is available at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call Chesapeake Police at 757-402-6558.
- 5, including officer, injured and taken to hospital after falling tree causes crash in Suffolk
- One year later: Suffolk city leaders acquire, plan to demolish buildings damaged by tornado
- Virginia Sen. Kaine’s proposal to repeal decades-old war authorization advances to the Senate floor
- VB announces 9 people on shortlist for Kempsville District council seat
- Warwick Little League All-Stars hoping to play in Little League World Series