CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Police in Chesapeake say a man unintentionally shot himself while handling a firearm Monday afternoon.
Police responded to the 3300 block of South Military Highway around 3:30 p.m. Monday for a call reporting an injured person.
Officers arrived to find a man with a gunshot wound.
He was taken to local hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening.
Officers investigated and determined the man unintentionally shot himself while handling the gun.
Police are still investigating.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases