CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) - Chesapeake Police are investigating another shooting that left a man dead early Saturday morning.
Officers responded to the 2000 block of Timber Lane at 7:11 a.m. for a man found lying on the ground. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police on Monday identified the man as 53-year-old Earl Lassiter, of Chesapeake.
Officials later learned that residents heard gunshots at around 2:30 a.m., but did not report it to police.
This is the second homicide that happened in Chesapeake on Sunday morning. Police responded to the 3400 block of Bernies Court S and found a man shot inside his home. A suspect was taken into custody, and later charged with first-degree murder.
Stay tuned to WAVY.com for updates.
- Norfolk police officer fighting medical mystery
- AMBER Alert canceled for NC 3-year-old found safe
- ‘Be a man!': Va. Beach mom wants hit-and-run driver to surrender
- Man shot and killed by VBPD had history of domestic violence, assault on law enforcement
- Suffolk gives Atlantic Coast Pipeline permission to build through city
- Remnants of Florence spawned 6 tornadoes in Virginia
- Pregnant woman seriously injured in Chesapeake shooting
Virginia Beach Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Virginia Politics Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.