CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – Organizers of this year’s Chesapeake Jubilee, which was scheduled for May 14-17, announced Wednesday that the annual event is canceled due to public health concerns over COVID-19.
The Kiwanis Shrimp Feast kickoff event is also canceled for 2020.
The popular Jubilee will return in May 2021.
“Jubilee’s top priority is the health and safety of all guests, artists, vendors, sponsors, volunteers, and staff,” organizers said in a statement.
If you already purchased tickets for this year’s Jubilee, you will be automatically refunded in 2-3 weeks.
Get event updates at www.chespeakejubilee.org.
- Twitter says attackers ‘successfully targeted some of our employees’ to gain internal tools
- Currituck Fire-EMS adds ultrasound imaging technology to its ambulances
- Planning Commission sets short-term rentals special workshop in late July
- Confederate flag spotted over Bristol Motor Speedway ahead of NASCAR All-Star Race
- New study: Dogs and Humans don’t age at the same rate