CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – Organizers of this year’s Chesapeake Jubilee, which was scheduled for May 14-17, announced Wednesday that the annual event is canceled due to public health concerns over COVID-19.
The Kiwanis Shrimp Feast kickoff event is also canceled for 2020.
The popular Jubilee will return in May 2021.
“Jubilee’s top priority is the health and safety of all guests, artists, vendors, sponsors, volunteers, and staff,” organizers said in a statement.
If you already purchased tickets for this year’s Jubilee, you will be automatically refunded in 2-3 weeks.
Get event updates at www.chespeakejubilee.org.
- Woman fighting for life after Tuesday morning shooting in Richmond
- Dozens of coronavirus cases traced to California church
- Sam Adams brewery to help restaurant workers with $1K grants
- Virginia high school uses 3D printers to make masks for nearby hospital
- Local lawn care company offers free services for those in need