CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – Organizers of this year’s Chesapeake Jubilee, which was scheduled for May 14-17, announced Wednesday that the annual event is canceled due to public health concerns over COVID-19.
The Kiwanis Shrimp Feast kickoff event is also canceled for 2020.
The popular Jubilee will return in May 2021.
“Jubilee’s top priority is the health and safety of all guests, artists, vendors, sponsors, volunteers, and staff,” organizers said in a statement.
If you already purchased tickets for this year’s Jubilee, you will be automatically refunded in 2-3 weeks.
Get event updates at www.chespeakejubilee.org.
- Newport News organizations offering free rides to early voting
- Virginia Beach Quaker school sells land parcel, switches plans to pre-K through 8th-grade format
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Coronavirus digital discussion: Pandemic fatigue
- Man arrested in Maine in connection with Kitty Hawk woman’s death in July