CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Police were redirecting traffic Saturday morning after a vehicle accident closed the intersection of South Military Highway and George Washington Highway for several hours.
Chesapeake officials tweeted just before 9 a.m. letting community members know of the incident, but emergency communications say the crash happened around 7:50 a.m.
Officials reported the reopening of the intersection around 9:30 a.m.
10 On Your Side is working to learn if anyone was hurt.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Virginia Beach advises residents of possible traffic routes to accommodate 4th of July crowds
- Police respond to early morning shooting near Church Street
- Bruno the Bear makes it to Missouri on interstate trek
- NC July 4 COVID-19 update: North Carolina completes more than 1 million tests, hospitalizations remain high
- Demonstrators prepare for 4th of July protest at Virginia Beach Oceanfront