CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Two house cats were killed in a house fire in the Deep Creek area of Chesapeake, fire officials say.
Firefighters were called to the 2000 block of Powell Circle at 11:52 a.m. When they arrived, firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the home. The fire started in the home’s kitchen and was accidental, according to the CFD.
Three people escaped the fire, and are now displaced from their home. They’ve made their own lodging arrangements, fire officials say.
- Mega Millions jackpot now at estimated $1 billion, large prize due to long odds, slow sales
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Newsfeed Now: Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill; Texas group prepares Biden lawsuits
- Baseball Hall of Famer Hank Aaron dies at 86
- Virginia Jan. 22 COVID-19 update: Virginia surpasses 6,000 COVID-19 deaths, cases down this week