CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Two people are displaced after a house in Chesapeake caught fire and sustained significant damage Friday.
Fire officials said the home’s occupants and two dogs were able to safety escape the house. No injuries were reported.
The Chesapeake Fire Department said a call about a residential structure fire in the 1600 block of Smokey Mountain Court came in around 9:30 p.m. Friday.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke and fire coming from a two-story residential structure.
Firefighters brought the fire under control at 10:04 p.m.
Photos shared by the fire department show a house with significant damage on the second floor.
Neighbors are assisting the homeowners with lodging and other needs.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Man injured in shooting on Broad Street in Portsmouth
- Crews respond to fire on Brandon Boulevard in Virginia Beach
- Overturned vehicle on I-64 in Newport News closes westbound travel lanes
- Officers, family and friends remember late Officer Katie Thyne
- Man dies in shooting on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News