CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Two people are displaced after a house in Chesapeake caught fire and sustained significant damage Friday.
Fire officials said the home’s occupants and two dogs were able to safety escape the house. No injuries were reported.
The Chesapeake Fire Department said a call about a residential structure fire in the 1600 block of Smokey Mountain Court came in around 9:30 p.m. Friday.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke and fire coming from a two-story residential structure.
Firefighters brought the fire under control at 10:04 p.m.
Photos shared by the fire department show a house with significant damage on the second floor.
Neighbors are assisting the homeowners with lodging and other needs.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Vandalism and looting at Peninsula Town Center in Hampton
- ‘If you can say you can’t breathe, you’re breathing:’ Mississippi mayor apologizes for tweets on George Floyd
- Two brothers, 6 and 7, die in crash after taking grandparents’ Buick out for ride
- Son of retired police captain killed by looters pleads: ‘Step back from what you’re doing’
- Man in Joker mask charged after setting Chicago cop car on fire: officials