HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake and Portsmouth Police are searching for the driver of a stolen vehicle out of Virginia Beach.
Around 7 p.m. Sunday night, Chesapeake police say an officer saw a red Infinity G37 drive through a stop sign without stopping. The officer attempted to initiate a traffic stop with the driver.
The vehicle refused to stop and led police on a pursuit into Portsmouth.
The vehicle eventually crashed in the 1300 block of Wirt Avenue in Portsmouth. After the crash, the driver and passenger fled the scene on foot.
Chesapeake Police caught the passenger, who was identified as 19-year-old Raequan Rucker from Portsmouth.
The driver is still missing, but is believed to be the 17-year-old brother of Rucker.
Police say charges are in progress for possession of stolen auto, felony eluding and obstruction of justice.
No further information at this time.
- Police: Woman abducted, robbed after friend asked to borrow $50
- Overturned tractor-trailer closes entrance and exit to Southwest Suffolk Bypass, injures nearby motorists
- 10 On Your Side’s Coats for Families campaign sets new record
- Virginia man to spend 8 years in prison for $5.7 million investment fraud scheme
- Off-duty firefighter, civilian rescue resident during house fire in Norfolk