UPDATE: The bridge reopened around 7:20 a.m.
CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — The Centerville Turnpike Bridge is closed after getting stuck in the open position again on Monday.
There’s no estimated time for opening, but police are in the area detouring traffic. Drivers are asked to use the Route 168 Expressway as a detour route.
This is the second time the bridge has been closed in recent weeks. It was closed for several hours on September 30 after getting stuck in the open position.
- Virginia lawmakers approve bill giving citizen review boards power to discipline police; measure headed to governor’s desk
- Warner and Kaine announce more than $600,000 in funding to support The Up Center in Norfolk
- Virginia health centers collaborate to expand access to cancer clinical trials in coastal Virginia
- Police reform bills head to Northam’s desk as unprecedented special session nears end
- Lagging behind: rural broadband expansion promises faster speeds for downstate schools, hospitals