CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake police say they recovered the body of a woman reported missing on Sunday.
Police confirmed 29-year-old Jamile Hill’s body was found floating in the water on the side of the road in the 4500 block of Bainbridge Blvd. Officers were dispatched at 8:38 a.m.
At this time, there are no signs of foul play, but the incident is still under investigation. Hill was reported missing Sunday after she was last seen in her home in the Greenbrier area around 8 p.m. Saturday. Police said she had autism and bipolar disorder, and didn’t have her medication.
Officers say the southbound lanes of S. Battlefield Blvd. have reopened at the 400 block; the northbound traffic is still restricted to one lane.
The public is asked to avoid the area if you can.
- McDonald Garden Center in VB to celebrate National Pollinator Week
- VB to open new pollinator garden
- VB police chief vows to have 30% of force be comprised of women by 2030
- Elizabeth City State University named to ‘Best Bet for Vets’ list
- WATCH: Nik Wallenda untethers at end of high-wire walk in Buffalo