CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Fire officials say two adults and five children were displaced by a house fire Wednesday evening in the Deep Creek area of Chesapeake.
Chesapeake fire crews were called to the 2300 block of Delwood Road around 7 p.m. Wednesday after a neighbor called 911 reporting a house was on fire.
Crews arrived three minutes later to find heavy smoke coming from the roof of the house.
Firefighters brought the fire under control at 7:30 p.m.
Residents were able to exit the home before the fire department arrived. No injuries were reported.
The residents will stay with family in the area.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- North Carolina man sentenced to 30 months behind bars for stealing and cashing checks from mailboxes in Richmond
- Virginia lawmakers reach agreement on marijuana legalization bill
- NC COVID-19 Feb. 27 update: 2,643 new COVID-19 cases reported, numbers continue to decline
- Virginia Feb. 27 COVID-19 update: 185 new deaths reported, positivity rate down to 7.4%, over 600K fully vaccinated
- 57-year-old man dies following vehicle-pedestrian crash in Norfolk