CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Fire officials say two adults and five children were displaced by a house fire Wednesday evening in the Deep Creek area of Chesapeake.
Chesapeake fire crews were called to the 2300 block of Delwood Road around 7 p.m. Wednesday after a neighbor called 911 reporting a house was on fire.
Crews arrived three minutes later to find heavy smoke coming from the roof of the house.
Firefighters brought the fire under control at 7:30 p.m.
Residents were able to exit the home before the fire department arrived. No injuries were reported.
The residents will stay with family in the area.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Dirksen Londrigan dings Davis for transparency votes after his family’s business received federal PPP loans
- Richmond’s top prosecutor asks for Herring’s opinion on Stoney’s authority to rush monument removals
- Hampton City Schools outlines 4-phase approach to reopening schools
- 22-year-old arrested in connection with Newport News shooting that injured 2
- State police: 9 deaths and 44 DUI arrests made over Independence Day weekend