CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake firefighters say two adults and one child were displaced after a fire at their home in the Portlock section of the city on Friday morning.
It broke out in the 1400 block of Freeman Avenue around 9:10 a.m. Firefighters arrived shortly after and found the residents outside of the home, with heavy black smoke coming from the roof.
The fire was marked under control at 9:36 a.m.
No injuries were reported and the fire was ruled accidental. The Red Cross is helping the family with living arrangements.
- Tune into online event hosted by Newport News PD’s Domestic Violence Team & VB Justice Initiative
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- The City of Virginia Beach launches new online job portal
- Crews responded to brush fire on Crittenden Rd in Suffolk
- What’s inside President Biden’s Oval Office?