3 displaced after dryer starts house fire in Chesapeake

Chesapeake
fire-truck-lights-generic_1522124354693.jpg

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake fire officials say three people were displaced after a fire at a home in the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake Thursday.

Firefighters were called to the home in the 600 block of Quail Avenue at 4:25 p.m. Thursday.

Crews arrived six minutes later and found smoke and flames at the back of the house.

The fire was brought under control with the help of Norfolk Fire & Rescue crews.

All residents safely exited the building before firefighters arrived.

The fire started in a dryer and significantly damaged the inside of the home, Chesapeake fire officials said.

No injuries were reported.

The family, which consists of three adults, is making lodging arrangements for themselves.

Stay with WAVY.com for updates.


Latest Posts:

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook