CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Police in Chesapeake say two men were shot on Joyce Court Thursday night and one has died from his injuries.
Police responded to a report of an injured person around 10:15 p.m. Thursday in the 3500 block of Joyce Court.
Officers arrived and found two people with gunshot wounds.
18-year-old Jordan Klewer died at the scene. The other injured person was taken to the hospital, police said.
The incident is currently under investigation. If you have any information about this incident, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit an online tip at P3tips.com.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Chesapeake Police respond to pedestrian-involved crash near George Washington Highway
- Noland Trail and Mariners’ Museum Park to open Monday, June 15
- More than 200 joined in Surry County for peaceful protest
- Over 100 residents and team members recover from COVID-19 at Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- Gov. Cooper extends order for flags to remain at half-staff to honor Marine