CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake Police said two people were shot and injured Wednesday afternoon.
Police initially responded to a report of an injured person in the 2500 block of Gum Tree Court in Chesapeake around 4:40 p.m. A witness told police that a male had been shot.
Detective David Weir with Chesapeake Police said officers arrived to find two males with injuries. The second males’ injury is also believed to be a gunshot wound.
One male was transported to a local hospital.
The extent of the two males’ injuries is unclear.
Police did not release information on the males’ ages or identities.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- McRib is back this week: McDonald’s fan-fave back nationwide for 1st time in 8 years
- William & Mary men’s hoops pauses after positive virus test, Tribe played ODU on Saturday
- Va. first lady Pam Northam to tour Eastern Shore Monday
- Local dentist gets 9 months in prison for failing to pay nearly $600K in taxes
- Moderna to ask for emergency use of COVID-19 vaccine on Monday