CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Fire officials say two adults are displaced following a house fire in Chesapeake Tuesday afternoon.
There were no reported injuries.
Dispatchers say the call reporting the incident came in at 2:38 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of Mapleshore Drive.
The fire was under control by 3:16 p.m. and out by 3:30 p.m.
The fire started in the back of the home. A resident reported they heard a boom and went to check it out, then discovered the house was on fire.
Fire marshals responded to the scene. The cause is under investigation.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Staff member at Centerville Elementary School, Va. Beach tests positive for COVID-19
- Portsmouth City Hall to close beginning Monday for disinfecting; City Council meeting rescheduled
- 3 dead in NC crash that splits car into 2 pieces, triggers fire
- Man dies while swimming off Cape Hatteras Ocracoke Island beach in North Carolina
- US Navy ship on fire at San Diego base; at least 17 sailors, 4 civilians injured