2 displaced after fire at townhouse on King George Quay in Chesapeake

Chesapeake
Chesapeake Fire and Rescue Generic_1524144647287.jpg.jpg

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — An adult and child are displaced after a fire at a townhouse in Chesapeake on Thursday.

It broke out around 10:50 a.m. in the 10 block of King George Quay and left the adult with minor burn injuries, firefighters say.

When they arrived, firefighters found smoke coming from the two-story townhouse and got the fire under control minutes after arriving. The two occupants got out before firefighters arrived.

The fire was ruled accidental and the occupants are making lodging arrangements with family.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook