CHINCOTEAGUE, Va. (WAVY) — A man died overnight after a Ford F-350 truck crashed off Chincoteague Road into the marsh.
Virginia State Police say the crash happened around 1 a.m. east of Mosquito Creek Bridge in Accomack County. The preliminary investigation found the truck was heading east when it went off the road, struck a guardrail and rolled over into the marsh, partially ejecting the driver.
The driver, identified as 32-year-old Justin Myers of Pennsylvania, died on impact. Police say during the investigation they found evidence there was a passenger in the truck at the time. The passenger, 25-year-old Marshall Shaffer, was located and had non life-threatening injuries
Police say both Shaffer and Myers were found to be intoxicated.
- Police: Man reached through open window, grabbed sleeping 14-year-old in North Carolina
- Hawaii couple who tested positive for COVID-19 arrested after boarding flight
- Watch: Grandmother uses table to fight off violent restaurant customer
- Walmart to eliminate $35 free shipping minimum for Walmart+ members
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus