ACCOMACK, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia State Police say a crash involving a moped resulted in a fatality Monday evening.
Dispatchers initially said the crash involved a pedestrian and happened just before 5 pm. in the 35000 block of Belle Haven Road in Accomack.
Virginia State Police say initial investigation shows a moped was traveling in the northbound lanes of Belle Haven Road when it crossed the center line and into the southbound lanes.
A 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 was traveling southbound at the time and hit the moped head-on. The moped driver died at the scene.
Police have identified the moped operator at 56-year-old Larry Junior Reid of Painter.
At this time, Virginia State Police do not intent to pursue charges.
Stay with WAVY.com for more updates.
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries following Coliseum Dr. shooting in Hampton
- Congress scrambles to avoid government shutdown
- Bipartisan lawmakers push $908B pandemic relief bill
- Congress hears from Mnuchin, Powell as CARES Act nears expiration
- Group of Senate Democrats and Republicans announce COVID relief framework