TEMPERANCEVILLE, Va. (WAVY) — Dispatchers in Accomack County say fire crews responded to a working fire at a property that has farm animals.
Dispatchers say crews responded to a fire at a farm-based property in the 10,000 block of Sand Street in Temperanceville around 6:20 p.m.
Dispatchers said there are animals at the property, but did not specify exactly what type of property it is.
The number or extent of injuries were unknown as of 6:50 p.m.
WAVY is working to find out more details. Stay on WAVY.com for updates.
- NC COVID-19 update: 7,181 new COVID-19 cases reported with 122 new deaths
- First case of COVID-19 variant reported in North Carolina
- Sandbridge fire leaves 4 people, 3 dogs without a home
- Virginia COVID-19 Jan. 23 update: Over 4,900 new cases, nearly 1,400 in Hampton Roads, positivity rate at 12.8%
- ‘Million-dollar’ cities surging, despite pandemic