ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — Accomack County Public Schools announced it will be moving to a virtual and remote platform until further notice due to the continued increase in COVID-19 cases.
The virtual learning starts Monday, January 11. A statement on the school’s website says teachers and staff will report at their normal times.
The news comes the same day more than 5,100 new cases were reported in the state with a percent positivity of 16.8 percent.
Read the statement here.
- 23-year-old man dead following shooting on Broad Street in Portsmouth
- Crews respond to fire on Brandon Boulevard in Virginia Beach
- Overturned vehicle on I-64 in Newport News closes westbound travel lanes
- Officers, family and friends remember late Officer Katie Thyne
- Man dies in shooting on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News