PARKSLEY, Va. (WAVY) — Parksley emergency officials say one person was taken to the hospital after a car crashed into a utility pole Monday.
The Parksley Volunteer Fire Company was dispatched to the crash around 2:20 p.m. Monday near 17354 Hopeton Road in Parksley.
Crews arrived on scene to find the pole broken in two places and two people outside of the vehicle.
One person was taken to Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital.
Virginia State Police and A&N Electric Cooperative also responded.
A&N Electric Cooperative was on scene to take over traffic control and reset a new utility pole.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Virginia Oct. 31 COVID-19 update: Over 1,550 new cases reported, daily percent positivity rate rises in Hampton Roads
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday