PORTSMOUTH, VA. (WAVY) — A 21-year-old was injured in a shooting Thursday evening in Portsmouth, police said.
The call came in reporting a person had a gunshot wound around 5:30 p.m., Portsmouth Police spokeswoman Victoria Varnedoe said.
The victim, a 21-year-old, was shot in the lower body.
Medics took the person to a local hospital to be treated for injuries police said were not considered life-threatening.
Police said there is no suspect information at this time.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Portsmouth mayoral candidates continue to spread message across the city
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Despite early voting, state law could see Election Day results delayed