SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A home in Suffolk caught fire early Monday morning during a period of strong thunderstorms in the area.
Suffolk dispatchers tell WAVY.com crews responded to the 4700 block of Schooner Boulevard for reports of a structure fire around 5:06 a.m.
When firefighters arrived the home was engulfed in flames. Fire officials confirmed no one was home when the fire started, but two adults have been displaced. They are getting help from family.
Pictures and video sent in by WAVY viewers show the home engulfed in flames.
Officials later confirmed the fire was sparked by a lightning strike.
Stay with WAVY News 10 for updates.