YORK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — Residents are displaced from their home after a kitchen fire in the Tabb area of York County on Sunday.
Crews were called to a home in the 100 block of Little Bay Avenue in the Yorkshire Downs Subdivison.
One of the residents noticed smoke coming from the kitchen stove when they took a pet outside, according to the York County Department of Fire and Life Safety.
Officials say that person was able to alert the other residents and everyone got out safely. There were no reported injuries.
Crews had flames under control in about five minutes. Officials say the complex is helping to relocate the residents.
Stay on WAVY.com for any updates.