PALM HARBOR, Fla. (WFLA) — The community and local police officers showed support for a 3-year-old after her mom said no one showed up to her birthday party.
The party took place at John Chestnut Park in East Lake. They had decorations, food, and a bounce house… but no guests.
The girl’s mom posted in a Trinity Facebook group: “No one showed up to my 3-year-old’s birthday party today. If anyone wants to bring their kids, there is a bounce house. We will be here until 3.”
Replies of support started flooding the post and not long after, the empty park was filled with kids and parents, all strangers to the girl and her mom.
And then deputies with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office showed up, gifts in hand.
- Nauticus serves free ice cream with admission at the Big Wisky on Wednesdays
- Flash flood warning in effect until 5:15 p.m. for Virginia Beach, 3 inches of rainfall already reported
- Emergency SNAP benefits promised in Virginia for mid-August
- Virginia’s Supreme Court upholds sentence for man convicted in parking garage attack during ‘Unite the Right’ rally
- Portsmouth to host free fruits, vegetables giveaway event on Saturday