NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Roads Transit says it will provide “enhanced” bus, light rail and ferry services during Haborfest.
THE TIDE/LIGHT RAIL
On Friday, the Tide will operate on its regularly scheduled times until 10 p.m. After that time, the service will be every 15 minutes until the end of the service day.
The last trains leaving Newtown Road and downtown Norfolk will be at midnight.
A few trains will not be running after 12:15 a.m.:
- All eastbound trains from EVMC (Eastern Virginia Medical Center) will be out of service once they arrive at Newtown Road.
- All westbound trains leaving Newtown will be out of service once they arrive at Ballentine Station.
HRT says customers can expect fare inspection on their return trips. Children ages 17 and under can ride for free as long as they’re with a fare-paying adult on all HRT services, except paratransit.
In addition to the Tide, HRT says ferry services will be expanded to meet demand, with ending times varying based on crowd sizes and demand.
HRT says the last boat to leave Waterside will be at Waterside at 11:45 p.m., and leave later on Saturday after the crowds thin out.
HRT will be providing ticket sales (cash only) at various times and locations throughout the weekend — to help customers avoid long lines:
- Saturday, June 9, 3-9:00 p.m. near the High Street and North Landing docks
- Saturday, June 9, 5-9 p.m. at Newtown Road and Military Highway light rail stations
- Sunday, June 10, 6:30-9 p.m. Rain Date/All Locations.
The 42nd annual Norfolk Harborfest begins Friday and runs through Sunday at Town Point Park. Get more information on this year’s festival through hrScene’s Harborfest Guide.