House fire displaces two people in Newport News

News
NN Tamara Path house fire_1532270139474.jpg.jpg

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A kitchen fire displaced two people in Newport News on Sunday.

Firefighters were dispatched to a reported fire in the the 700 block of Tamara Path shortly after 9 a.m. Officials say the fire was contained to the kitchen. 

A tweet from the Newport New Fire Department said cooking fires are the leading types of fires in their community. They remind you to never leave food unattended while cooking.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook