Hotel in Hampton evacuated due to carbon monoxide leak

News
Hampton Hotel Evacuation

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A  leak carbon monoxide caused an evacuation Wednesday morning at a hotel in Hampton, officials said.

Hampton dispatch told WAVY.com there was a call about a leak at a Quality Inn on W. Mercury Boulevard just before 7 a.m. The building was evacuated for several hours before people were let back into their rooms.

Hampton Fire-Rescue officials said on Twitter Virginia Natural Gas responded to the building to secure the leak. The source of the leak was not immediately clear.

Officials said the building was also ventilated to decrease the level of carbon monoxide.

One person was evaluated at the scene, but officials it was unrelated to the leak.

Stay with WAVY.com for the latest developments.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

***EXPERTS***

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

WAVY Facebook

Trending stories