Home for sale in Portsmouth catches fire just before realtor arrives for showing

News
PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Talk about unusual timing for a fire this morning in Portsmouth.
 
Fire officials say a realtor had just arrived to show off a home for sale in the 400 block of Broad Street when smoke was spotted coming from inside. 
 
The realtor called 911 and firefighters were able to put the fire out in 20 minutes. 
 
The home only received minor smoke damage and no one was injured. 
 
Officials don’t believe the blaze, which they say was caused by wiring within the wall that caught fire, was suspicious.  

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook