SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Public Schools is delaying the start of winter sports again due to rising coronavirus numbers.
A possible return for winter sports will be discussed at the Suffolk School Board’s next meeting on Thursday, January 14. Though a return to in-person learning won’t be decided until a later date, school officials say, with the next review of changes on Jan. 11.
Students in programs however will continue to attend school in-person one day a week on Wednesday.
The decision came the same day Virginia Beach City Public Schools announced they’d decided to move ahead with winter sports after “extensive research , discussion, and consideration.”
Tryouts in Virginia Beach will begin as soon as Wednesday, Jan. 6.
- Man fatally shot 7-year-old niece while making music video, police say
- Subaru recalling nearly 875K vehicles over engine, suspension issues
- Fort Bragg identifies 21-year-old paratrooper who died during training accident
- Archaeologists find home of Harriet Tubman’s father
- Nathan’s Famous to open ‘non-traditional’ kitchens within select Walmart stores