MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – With the coronavirus pandemic, family members and the staff at The Village at Heritage Point had to get creative Thursday to celebrate resident Lurana Weser’s 100th birthday.
Weser’s family gathered outside of the Morgantown facility and sang “Happy Birthday” to the new centenarian, who was seated at a window.
Some family members who couldn’t be there, were able to join in the festivities via FaceTime.
All of the Village at Heritage Point residents helped celebrate Weser’s big day with 100th birthday cupcakes.
- New Orleans jazz legend Ellis Marsalis Jr. died COVID-19 complications at age 85, son says
- ‘The greatest challenge of my career’: Va. nurse to help COVID-19 patients in flooded New York City hospitals
- New federal rules to help states combat coronavirus patient surge
- How coronavirus can impact your credit score
- Newport News Police respond to shooting on Monitor Court