NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Waterside District has decided to close amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Waterside District officials shared the update on social media Tuesday afternoon citing the “well-being of guests and team members” as their main priority.
A reopening date has not been announced.
The temporary closure comes hours after Governor Ralph Northam says no gathering should be more than 10 people, aligning with federal guidelines, and urges those 65-plus to self quarantine.
He asked people to help out the older population during the outbreak, and think about their parents, grandparents and neighbors.“We all have a responsibility to each other,” he said.
As of Tuesday morning, 51 people had tested positive for the virus and 489 people had been tested. 2 deaths linked to the virus have been reported, both James City County men in their 70s.
You can check out the coronavirus tracking map here.
- Moyock community continues Easter tradition with a twist
- Newport News Police arrest man for indecent liberties with a juvenile
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge
- When will I get my stimulus check? Payments expected to start next week
- Lady Monarchs coach Nikki McCray set to become head coach at Mississippi State