HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Natural Gas has suspended service disconnections for non-payment.
The suspension covers both residential and commercial customers.
“We understand that the services we provide are critical to our customers’ health and well-being,” said Jim Kibler, president of VNG. “As we face the growing impact of COVID-19 together, we want to ensure that every family and company in our community has the fuel they need to continue heating their homes, cooking their food, taking warm showers and running their businesses.”
The recent announcement from VNG comes hours after several utility companies stepped up to the plate to help residents amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- Single-family homes increase in price by $36,000 due to lumber shortage: study
- 82% of Americans want paid maternity leave – making it as popular as chocolate
- Apple’s AirTag tracker will probably help you find your stuff, but there are privacy concerns when it comes to people
- What the Lehecka: Gravity Wave Clouds
- Excellent Educators: Accomack computer and robotics teacher’s classroom is now the hub for student Chromebook repairs