HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Natural Gas has suspended service disconnections for non-payment.
The suspension covers both residential and commercial customers.
“We understand that the services we provide are critical to our customers’ health and well-being,” said Jim Kibler, president of VNG. “As we face the growing impact of COVID-19 together, we want to ensure that every family and company in our community has the fuel they need to continue heating their homes, cooking their food, taking warm showers and running their businesses.”
The recent announcement from VNG comes hours after several utility companies stepped up to the plate to help residents amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Antibody testing for COVID 19 brings in more blood donors
- Man taken to the hospital following East little Creek shooting in Norfolk
- Kanye West announces plans to run for president in 2020
- NC July 5 COVID-19 update: 1,329 new cases reported Sunday, third day of record hospitalizations