Rock Church donated 1,000 N95 respirator masks to four Sentara hospitals on March 18, for a total of 4,000 masks.
The masks were given to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, Sentara Leigh Hospital, Sentara Princess Anne Hospital, and Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital.
The church wrote Sentara a letter acknowledging the short supply of respirator masks nationally and said:
“We at Rock Church would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your dedication and work in providing much-needed care for our community and loved ones…. We hope that this will help in some small measure, the battle that you are in against the coronavirus.”– Rock Church
Sentara is one of the leading healthcare agencies in Hampton Roads who are working to diagnose and treat COVID-19. Sentara has been testing people for the disease on the Southside and Peninsula with their drive-thru process.
- 20-year-old woman dies in homicide on Berkley Drive in Hampton
- New task force aims to tackle chronic issues with NC 12 caused by storms
- Voters file petition to remove Sen. Lucas from office over destructive protest at Portsmouth Confederate monument
- Tokyo Olympics within reach for Ann Arbor teen who smashed HS record
- Olympic Track and Field trials taking place at the new Hayward Field in Oregon