These are the live coronavirus updates in Virginia.
5:02 p.m. The Crater Health District (CHD) announced that a resident of Emporia tested positive for COVID-19; marking the first positive coronavirus case in the city.
2:20 p.m. Eastern Shore Rural Health revealed Saturday afternoon an employee tested positive for coronavirus from their Onley Community Health Center.
The corporation shares they were not made aware before Friday night. As of Saturday afternoon, they are now working to find who the person may have been in contact with.
According to reports, the man in 60s was a patient at a local hospital where he died due to respiratory failure.
10 a.m. The Virginia Department of Health is reporting Saturday an uptick in positive testing for COVID-19 cases.
The VDH site now confirms a total of 739 cases in Virginia, meaning 135 cases have been identified since Friday.
9: a.m. The new numbers have come in just hours before Hampton Roads is set to host President Trump who is touring the USNS Comfort.
The Norfolk-based Navy Hospital ship will be leaving for New York on Saturday.
More than 1,200 Navy Reserve sailors and volunteers boarded the ship, including medical personnel and other essential ratings to support the mission. They will take care of non-Covid-19 as on-shore hospitals take care of the ill.
Virginia Department of Health (VDH) updates its website daily with the following COVID-19 data: The number of people tested in Virginia, the total number of confirmed cases, the number of people hospitalized and the number of deaths reported.
- ‘If you can say you can’t breathe, you’re breathing:’ Mississippi mayor apologizes for tweets on George Floyd
- Two brothers, 6 and 7, die in crash after taking grandparents’ Buick out for ride
- Son of retired police captain killed by looters pleads: ‘Step back from what you’re doing’
- Man in Joker mask charged after setting Chicago cop car on fire: officials
- Virginia Beach man brightens up local skate park