RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Virginia Department of Corrections announced a sixth inmate has died of COVID-19 in state correctional facilities.
According to the VADOC’s announcement, the death was at Buckingham Correctional Center, which is now reporting two offender deaths as a result of the virus.
This center also had the fourth inmate death from COVID-19 in the state.
In total, 955 inmates and 85 staff members at state facilities have caught the coronavirus.
- What the Trump children might do after the White House
- Will the Capitol rioters receive a pardon from President Trump?
- Costella Williams selected to serve on Portsmouth School Board in interim position
- Hampton University alums play key roles in Inauguration Day
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s story