(KXAN) — The U.S. has overtaken Italy for the highest death toll in the world from the coronavirus, Johns Hopkins University says.
The U.S. has a confirmed 19,666 deaths followed by Italy with 18,849 based on data from Worldometer which receives reports directly from Government communication channels.
On Friday the U.S. recorded 2,074 deaths in the largest increase in coronavirus related deaths since the beginning of the outbreak, according to a CNN report.
- Organization that gives playsets to children with cancer in need of donations
- Walmart puts guns, ammunition back on display at US stores
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City on the last day of early voting
- NC doesn’t require districts to notify parents, staff when COVID-19 cases pop up
- TV news anchor gunned down in Downtown Juarez