ARLINGTON, Va. (WAVY) — The Transportation Security Administration released its daily traveler numbers via Twitter on Saturday which show a significant decrease due to the coronavirus pandemic.
TSA Public Affairs spokesperson Lisa Farbstein reported that this time last year, about 2,590,499 people passed through checkpoints and today about 108,977 travelers passed through TSA checkpoints nationwide which is almost 96% fewer travelers.
The TSA website reports that in the past 14 days, 368 employees, both screeners and non-screeners, have tested positive for the coronavirus. Of that, 18 employees have recovered, and 2 have succumbed to the virus.
A detailed interactive map sharing the airports with confirmed cases, screening officer details, last day of work, work location, and shift can be found online.
Employees or travelers who believe they may have been in contact with a person who tests positive for COVID-19 should consult with their healthcare provider.
- Friday night football returns to Hampton Roads for first time in over a year
- Chesapeake man convicted of murdering wife in 2017
- Old Dominion win stay hot, knock off Middle Tennessee 67-61
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs recovered safely
- Full Snow Moon is this weekend, and you can see 3 planets at sunrise