DARE COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) — In a message from Dare County Schools to families, school officials said a staff member with the school division had tested positive for the coronavirus.
The staff member came into direct contact with six Manteo Elementary students on a school bus, officials said.
The staff member and the students are quarantining per state and local guidelines.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Fauci, King among People magazine’s ‘2020 People of the Year’
- Newport News to hold ‘drive-in’ ribbon cutting ceremony for opening of new Atkinson Boulevard
- Police: Man reached through open window, grabbed sleeping 14-year-old in North Carolina
- Hawaii couple who tested positive for COVID-19 arrested after boarding flight
- Watch: Grandmother uses table to fight off violent restaurant customer