NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Sentara Healthcare is performing coronavirus testing at three drive-thru locations on the Peninsula and Southside on Thursday; however, officials say getting results could take 10 days or longer.
Drive-thru testing hours will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at these three locations:
– Military Circle: 880 N. Military Hwy., Norfolk
– Sentara Princess Anne Hospital, 2025 Glenn Mitchell Dr., Virginia Beach
– Sentara CarePlex Hospital: 3000 Coliseum Dr., Hampton
Sentara announced that COVID-19 test results could take up to 10 days to receive due to an increased number of tests being performed across the country.
“As a result, we are now experiencing longer turnaround times in receiving and communicating these results to patients,” Sentara wrote in a news release. “As of March 25, 2020, it could take 10 days or longer for a patient to receive test results due to high volumes of testing.”
Sentara officials have asked residents to heed several precautions amid the virus outbreak.
Before you leave the house, do you have 2 of the 3 symptoms below:
- Fever (100.4 degrees or higher)
- Shortness of breath
In the last month, have you been in contact with someone who was confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19, OR have you traveled internationally or to an area with a known COVID-19 outbreak? (Check the latest high-risk travel areas here)
Please, stay home. Continue to follow the CDC recommended prevention methods and monitor for a change in symptoms.
If you are BELOW age 60 and have no other health issues, you should stay home and self-quarantine for 14 days.
If you are OVER age 60 OR have underlying health conditions, please follow these steps:
- Call your healthcare provider for further guidance.
- If you don’t have a primary care provider, view our virtual care options by clicking here or visit one of our drive-thru screening locations.
- If you require immediate medical attention, please call your nearest emergency department. View our list of Sentara emergency departments by clicking here.
For military members, Langley Hospital is offering drive-thru screening outside of its pharmacy and emergency department on Joint Base Langley-Eustis. If you require a test, a medical professional will provide additional reporting instructions. Please call the information line at (757)-764-0018 PRIOR to going for screening if you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Weekly jobless claims surge to record 6.6 million
- Social security recipients will automatically receive $1,200 stimulus check, won’t have to file return
- Blog: March Was 4th Warmest On Record. Now Onto April.
- New Orleans jazz legend Ellis Marsalis Jr. died of COVID-19 complications at age 85, son says
- ‘The greatest challenge of my career’: Va. nurse to help COVID-19 patients in flooded New York City hospitals